Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My hair is out of control! Do you believe he had open heart surgery less than three weeks ago? Brandon and Payton by the HUGE horse Fred and Lena... they made this amazing garden possible! Running over the bridge Ahh... there's something about a Michigan summer! It's 8:45 and it is still perfectly light outside. Still plenty of time to enjoy the outdoors. The Brooks family is doing quite well. Payton is now calling me "Julia". I guess it is fitting. He hears everyone else calling me by it so why can't he? I do remind him that I am Mom. I find that he calls me Mom once and if I don't listen he then resorts to calling me Julia. Hudson is now crawling. He is loving the freedom of being able to explore. He crawled into the kitchen today as I was making dinner. I thought this was so cute. No longer does he sit in front of his toys and play by himself. He now wants to pull drawers open and take his brother's toys. I'm ok with this! I've just fallen in love all over again with both boys. The summer brings so much joy to life. Being outdoors brings a sense of calm to all of us. Yesterday we joined Amy, Isaiah, and Samuel at Fredrick Meijer Gardens. I think others will join me in saying that it's simply amazing there. God's creation is around the entire place. The flower beds are perfectly groomed, nature is present everywhere you look, and it's quiet. You can play in so many different places. It's never the same adventure twice! We're looking forward to the Holiday weekend. Elizabeth's son Tommy is turning 4 so we'll be joining them in Ohio for the celebration. Brandon will stay home for work and he'll tend to the puppies! 4 puppies down, 5 to go!

0 comments:

Blog Archive