Thursday, January 28, 2010

being a mom is a "fun" job. i was reading through a parenting magazine the other day and found a great idea for mom's. it's a photo storage box, but instead of filling it with photos, you fill it with index cards from time to time, showcasing the funny things your child says or does. maybe these struck me as a fabulous idea because payton and hudson have been hilarious lately... allow me to explain. it had been a long day. the weather had been rainy for two days straight, the kids were finally in bed, and i decided to turn on the tv, rest my feet, and enjoy a cup of tea. i don't watch much tv. there just doesn't seem to be time for it. so, for me, this was going to be nice. i went to fill my teapot with some water for a cup of sleepy time tea for the evening. as i was filling the spout with water, i realized the water wasn't going into the teapot. the water began spilling out. just then, i looked through the spout to see the problem. right away, i realized what the issue was. as i reached my finger down the spout, i immediately pulled out several pieces of king vitaman cereal. (the current favorite quaker cereal in the fam right now). this was definitely hudson's doing. i find things in odd places quite frequently. i know i will miss these kind of events in my life as they begin to dissipate over the next few years. another silly thing happened today. i had just picked the boys up from school and payton informed me he had sprinkles in his pants. hmmm, i thought, sprinkles? i quietly changed the subject and continued on with getting them in the car. once again, he told me he had sprinkles in his pants and they were beginning to itch! ahhh! i immediately realized that the helper in school hadn't wiped him. i loved his description of them being sprinkles. just another memory for me to add to the box. i'm sure their future wives will have fun with all of these childhood happenings!

0 comments:

Blog Archive