Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Huddy, Buddy. Yup, that's what we call him. Kind of silly, I know, but it just seems to fit. He is my buddy for sure. As of August 11, he will become Mommy's buddy on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:30-2. That's right. You guessed it. Payton is headed to school. It's a pre-k program available on campus. Kinda of nice that we can walk him to class! Payton is more excited than I ever imagined. He's ready for a backpack and a pal that will play tag with him. I guess Mom doesn't count as a good tag partner! It's sad to see them get older. I feel like I've been able to protect him for the past 3 years. Don't get me wrong, we certainly get out quite frequently and socialize often but now I'm letting him loose! I'm just hopeful he'll use the manners we've taught him. We've been struggling with saying PLEASE. I ask him 20 times daily to include please in his sentences and somehow he still goes without asking with it. I know it's a 2 year old thing and it will pass. Ok, so I know what you're thinking, you're talking about Payton but there are three photos of Hudson above. Yes, I will get to my point. Hudson is getting to be such a big boy. He decided that he's a professional climber now. This means that he IS climbing out of his crib now. We've requested a twin bed to be delivered to ensure his proper safety. It still hasn't arrived so we've made it a rule that he is not to climb out of the crib. We had to tell him several times and put him back in but he seems to have an understanding of the words "STAY IN YOUR CRIB." Thank goodness. Hudson has been a delight since we arrived. He loves being outdoors  and running around the campus. Coming indoors after running outside isn't easy. He'd live out there forever if he could. He's still not talking. Mama, Daddy, Doggy and a nod of the head for yes and no are about it. I'm encouraged by the stories of the 3 year olds that finally say their first words. Perhaps that will be our little Hudson :)

0 comments:

Blog Archive