Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last weekend was like no other. We ended up not leaving the house. Payton came down with the flu and we ended up cooking up a storm! Before Mom Arlene passed away about 2 years ago, she gave us her pierogi recipe. Brandon has talked about his Mom making these delicious homemade delicacies. It would take her the day to prepare and make them. Brandon and I headed to the kitchen and gave it a try. They turned out delicious and we worked great as a team. Later on we made potato latkes. Thanks Mom Brooks for a delicious old recipe. If only she would have been there to enjoy them with us...

1 comments:

Bart Saunders said...

I have been peeking at your blog this last month... I went to Youth Group with Brandon in High School... I hadn't seen him since then. He picked a wonderful gal to marry! I hope you can pair up and make his mom's yummy creations every year... I can't imagine how much he misses having his Mom and Dad here to enjoy your beautiful family. I hope the new job goes smoothly and you get more time to enjoy each other:) Hugs to all of you--Merry Christmas!

Blog Archive